Java implementation

When the java implementation of lib2p will be released?

1 Like

FreeNet is written in Java. Iā€™d actually love to be able to write a FreeNet client in Rustā€¦ or even be able to understand the Java.

I donā€™t see why libp2p would be a good target if using Java.

Do you know any other alternative than FreeNet?The lib2p team says that in their site that java implementation ā€œcoming soonā€ do you know when?

I do not and am generally not familiar with libp2p. Academically, Iā€™m curious as to whatā€™s wrong with FreeNet.

If you are not familiar with lib2p why did you ruin my question and give an answer

1 Like

I didnā€™t want to see it have 0 replies for months. Iā€™m replying to every post, just to improve the numbers, I like the numbers.

You answer just to write something if you donā€™t have the appropriate knowledge also this post is 5 days old. Anyways does anyone knows when the java implementation will be released?

Ī£Ļ„Ī¹Ļ‚ Ī¤ĻĪÆ, 9 ĪĪæĪµ 2021, 9:55 Ī¼.Ī¼. Īæ Ļ‡ĻĪ®ĻƒĻ„Ī·Ļ‚ Mike Mestnik via libp2p <libp2p@discoursemail.com> Ī­Ī³ĻĪ±ĻˆĪµ:

Iā€™m writing mainly because Iā€™m super curious why it matters, is it a Coke VS Pepsi thing? I looked at the FreeNet codebase and itā€™s easy to read. The reason it stumped me is that once you get to the std library, the documentation I had was vague enough where Iā€™d have to write example applications to learn what the code does. I donā€™t know how to setup a Java compiler, the documentation was vague, ultimately I gave up.

ā€œappropriate knowledgeā€ is subjective, so any amount of knowledge(even zero) can be identified as the appropriate amount. I did give a good answer, no? With all the posts on this thread, someone will get curious and check it for Spam.

I guess libp2p is split by two major implementations. One starves the other for resources, but ?neither? dies. I pity the community split 3 ways.

Hello, I have a long background working with a number of runtimes, including the JVM. Very keen to see a great JVM implementation for libp2p. Whatā€™s the best way I can help? Thank you.