There seems to had been multiple efforts for detecting and parsing
libp2p nodes activity.
- Juan created a presentation for Filecoin, which fetches information from a simulated web server that seems to stream out the logs directly and paints them online with d3.js.
- Phantom Drift (I believe spear headed by @raul) allows introspection support by modifying the Go node implementation (currently a PoC) which can then be consumed by the Observation Deck.
Moving forward, what would be the best future-compatible way to,
- Process nodes information (e.g.
- Parse nodes information (AFAIK there’s no standard format)
- Consume this information (e.g. web server via REST/gRPC).
As I’m looking to put together something to visualise an existing network that uses
libp2p, it would be great that any effort in that direction can be used by the community moving forward and do not get stuck in a single GitHub repository.