Could Someone Give me Some Guidance on How to use libp2p for Distributed Network Connections?

Hello everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am exploring the interesting world of distributed networking and I am most interested in using libp2p for a project I am working on. Yet; I am still in the exploring phase and would surely welcome any thoughts and advice from individuals who have worked with libp2p.

I am attracted by libp2p ability to encourage interpersonal interaction and create powerful; distributed apps. My goal is to learn how others are successfully including libp2p in various applications; what challenges you have faced along the way; and any advice you have for someone starting out.

• What are some real-world applications where libp2p is skilled? How have you used it in your projects?
  • How does libp2p perform in networks of all sizes and high quantities situations? Are there any best practices for optimising performance?
  • Which is suitable for libp2p with various blockchain systems and distributed technologies?
  • What resources would you recommend for developers starting to use libp2p?
  • What new functions and features are you looking for in the coming libp2p releases?

I would like to hear about your successes and challenges when working with libp2p. Either you are a seasoned developer and just getting started like me; your opinions and insights would be invaluable.

Also I explored some topics related to this https://discuss.libp2p.io/t/co-found-a-gamified-web-3-network-alteryx-with-user-driven-value-distribution/2178 but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge. :v:

I am excited to learn from the community and explore :heavy_heart_exclamation: the potential that libp2p provides for distributed networking.

Hello and welcome to the libp2p community!

I think I can help you out somewhat. The libp2p implementations are used in some of the world’s largest distributed systems. Blockchains such as Ethereum and Filecoin use it. Global distributed filesystems like IPFS use it. It is very good at building global-scale distributed systems.

If you’re just getting started, we have a number of guides that can get you going. We also have a universal connectivity demonstrator application. The associated demo of universal connectivity is on youtube.

There are 10 different implementations of the libp2p specification in various languages. If you are interested in a specific language, the repository for the implementation usually has a “getting started” guide and a set of examples of doing libp2p things with that particular implementation. Here’s the list of links to the different active implementations:

They all have technical discussion forums on Github for programming questions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers! :beers:
Dave